Nic Roldan’s 2nd Annual
UK Sunset Polo
UNITED KINGDOM 2018
It is with regret we have to inform you that this event has been cancelled for this year but hopes to return for 2019. For any queries please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
On Thursday, June 21st 2018 Top American Polo Player Nic Roldan will be holding the his 2nd Annual UK Sunset Polo event at the ancestral home of British Polo: Cowdray House in West Sussex.
The event will include some high calibre equestrian displays:
- A Horse Sense and Healing demonstration in which Monty Robert’s Join-Up® methods are combined with empowering veterans suffering from post traumatic stress.
- Straight from the Argentine pampas there will be a rare opportunity to see their national sport “Pato” in action. Come see this traditional contact adrenaline fuelled sport which can be described a cross between polo and basketball.
- London 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist Laura Tomlinson MBE will give a Dressage showcase, come see her and her horse dance the night away to music.
- The Sunset Polo game where top professionals as well as` up and coming players will join Roldan.
- Artwork created by local school kids will feature throughout the event.
The event will take place on a Midsummer’s afternoon at Cowdray House, on the old polo field in front of the house, providing a magical setting. Roldan aims to make it an event to remember, and of course to continue on his mission to raise awareness and funds for both Chestnut Tree House (Registered Charity No. 256789) for whom he is a birthday patron and for Coach Core (Coach Core is a programme delivered by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. Registered charity no. 1132048). Chestnut Tree House is the children’s hospice for East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove and South East Hampshire and cares for 300 children and young adults from 0-19 years of age with progressive life-shortening conditions. The Coach Core apprenticeship scheme gives young people aged 16-24 the chance to become the next generation of inspirational coaches.
The event partners include Cowdray, The Lickfold Inn, Jeep UK and Tregothnan, the pioneers of growing tea in the UK, with whom Nic has developed the “Sunset Polo” tea blend, plus The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa and many other local businesses.
In order to make the occasion as welcoming as possible to the local community, general admittance tickets will be available with 50% off for children under 12 years of age. A new picnic area has been created and food village with prime viewing for all to enjoy. Whilst afternoon Tea tickets give access to the event and complimentary tea adjacent to the demonstrations.
Equestrian displays of the highest calibre, world class food, a magical venue on a British Midsummer’s night and all for two great causes. This is one date that must not be missed in your summer plans and we very much look forward to welcoming you on June 21st.
For those who would like an extra special experience, All Inclusive VIP tickets are available for tables of 8. Guests will enjoy afternoon tea adjacent to the equestrian demonstrations and a special dinner at Cowdray House, prepared by The Lickfold Inn, which is overseen by Michelin Star Chef Tom Sellers. The VIP experience will be topped off by a Gatsby themed party. See the menu here.
There will be both silent and live auctions, followed by a firework display.
* Equestrian demonstrations are weather dependent and will be run as long as the weather allows, the committee regrets refunds will not be given for changes to the schedule.